One of the techniques in George Lea's trading toolset is to locate stocks using a set of rules by Market Wizard Mark Minervini.
This template implements the rules:
1. The current stock price is above both the 150-day (30-week) and the 200-day (40-week) moving average price lines.
2. The 150-day moving average is above the 200-day moving average.
3. The 200-day moving average line is trending up for at least 1 month (preferably 4â€“5 months minimum in most cases).
4. The 50-day (10-week) moving average is above both the 150-day and 200-day moving averages.
5. The current stock price is trading above the 50-day moving average.
6. The current stock price is at least 30 percent above its 52-week low. (Many of the best selections will be 100 percent, 300 percent, or greater above their 52-week low before they emerge from a solid consolidation period and mount a large scale advance.)
7. The current stock price is within at least 25 percent of its 52-week high (the closer to a new high the better).
8. The Relative Strength rating is no less than 70 and preferably above 80 or 90