Error during Intraday update

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

garrutrading

Error during Intraday update

Post by garrutrading »

Hello,

I'm getting an "Error during Intraday update" when using EdgeRater.

I've clicked on "Get Latest Data" first, before pressing the "Intraday Update" button, but I still get that error.

I've tried switching the "Data Provider" to Yahoo, and edited the symbol list to select Yahoo as the data provider, but I still get the error.

When using ETF Trading Bandit instead of EdgeRater, pressing the "Update Data" button seems to get an intraday update (I'm assuming from Yahoo). So, I'm not sure why the two programs are behaving differently.

Thanks.
Chris White

Re: Error during Intraday update

Post by Chris White »

EdgeRater has only one source of intraday data and that is the ThinkOrSwim desktop program which must be running on the same machine.

Please make sure that your symbol list contains symbols that are all caps: eg: AAPL, MSFT etc

Try creating a small list containing only 1 or 2 symbols and then try the intraday update. Do you still see the same error?
garrutrading

Re: Error during Intraday update

Post by garrutrading »

Thank you, Chris. I did not realize that ThinkOrSwim was necessary for intraday updates. Works for me now.

- Downloaded and installed ThinkOrSwim
- Tried the intraday button on EdgeRater. Didn't give me an error, but it didn't update either
- Opened TD Ameritrade account to log on to ThinkOrSwim
- Logged on to ThinkOrSwim.
- Restarted EdgeRater. It took a couple of tries, but eventually, EdgeRater got updates from ThinkOrSwim, so the intraday button works for me now.