EOD update from HGSI

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

henry1224

EOD update from HGSI

Post by henry1224 »

Hello Chris,

I have tried to do an EOD update from HGSI and the data snapshot only updates to 1/17/2017 . I couldn't get it to update for last night

Is there a problem with HGSI or is the data snapshot corrupted?

Thanks

Henry
Chris White

Re: EOD update from HGSI

Post by Chris White »

Please check the following:

1. That your HGSI data is truly updated to the correct EOD date you expect (take a look at a chart or two and look at the warehouse date field)
2. That your EdgeRater symbol list is set to fetch the last X years of data (rather than a specific date range)
3. Try creating a symbol list with 1 symbol (eg. MSFT) and setting the provider to HGSI and see how much data you get for that symbol.
henry1224

Post by henry1224 »

Hello Chris,

I was able to get my EOD downloads, but now it seems to take forever to load the symbol list into Edgerater. The average wait time is about 15 seconds to switch between symbol lists.

It never used to take that long

Thanks

Henry
Chris White

Post by Chris White »

It should be almost instantaneous, so something is not quite right.

Please try the following:

1. Reboot your PC (just to make sure that you are starting without any other program tasks working in the background)
2. After re-booting, try switching lists as the first thing you do when you run the program. (did that fix the problem?)
3. If the problem still persists, try deleting all of your symbol list data snapshots. (Delete the files in the folder {Documents}\EdgeRater\Snapshots
4. After deleting the files, restart the program and try switching lists again. Is it faster? Obviously there will be no data in the lists at this point and so you will need to hit the EOD update button on the lists.
henry1224

Post by henry1224 »

Hello Chris,

I tried all of the steps that you suggested and there is still a 10 second delay before a symbol list is loaded and also a 10 second delay to close out the program

Henry