ChartScript: Elder Impulse System

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

Import

ChartScript: Elder Impulse System

Post by Import »

Chris White wrote
Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:38 AM

Here's a collection of scripts that can be used to implement the Elder Impulse System. Add them to the 'MyScripts' area. See the documentation for details on adding a new chart script:

http://www.edgerater.com/documentation/ ... kstart.htm

Script Name: ElderImpulse

This script implements the base system and provides signals that the other scripts use. It can be dropped into its own chart sub area and you can see the green, red and blue lines indicating up, down and neutral conditions.

Code: Select all

EMA13:= EMA(C, 13);
MacdHist:= FML('MACD(12,26,9)[HIST]');
Up: (EMA13 > Ref(EMA13,1)) & (MacdHist > Ref(MacdHist, 1)),ColorGreen;
Down: (EMA13 < Ref(EMA13,1)) & (MacdHist < Ref(MacdHist, 1)),ColorRed;
Neutral: NOT(Up) & NOT(Down),ColorBlue;
Script Name: ElderImpulseUp

This script provides a signal whenever the Elder Impulse Up indicator crosses to the up state. It can be dropped into its own chart sub area and you can see the individual up cross and can be dropped into the security selector so that you can pick out all of these conditions in your current snapshot.

Event: CROSS( FML('My.ElderImpulse()[Up]'), 0.5);
Script Name: ElderImpulseDown

This script provides a signal whenever the Elder Impulse Down indicator becomes true. It can be dropped into its own chart sub area and you can see the individual down cross and can be dropped into the security selector so that you can pick out all of these conditions in your current snapshot.

Event: CROSS( FML('My.ElderImpulse()[Down]'), 0.5);
Script Name: ElderImpulseDots

This script plots green, red and blue dots on the security chart to indicate the state of the Elder Impulse System. It should be dropped onto the main chart area.

PlotVal:= LOW * .95;
Up: IF(FML('My.ElderImpulse()[Up]'), PlotVal, NaN),PointDot,ColorGreen;
Down: IF(FML('My.ElderImpulse()[Down]'), PlotVal, NaN),PointDot,ColorRed;
Neutral: IF(FML('My.ElderImpulse()[Neutral]'), PlotVal, NaN),PointDot,ColorBlue;
The scripts in action

This screenshot shows all of the scripts applied to a security chart of Adobe.