Portfolio Manager

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

nichjoht

Portfolio Manager

Post by nichjoht »

I have always found your Trade Simulation reports to be the best. Is there a way to use a scan to turn the Simulator to act as a portfolio report?
In the scan would be placed the ticker symbol, buy date & shares OR ticker symbol sell date and shares, for all transactions. The simulator would then process these orders and produce the report.

- John
Chris White

Re: Portfolio Manager

Post by Chris White »

Hi John,

That's not currently possible because at the moment the entries and exits are generated via scripts. However I have been looking at the possibility of opening pre-saved Symbol/Date files into the Entries and Exits tab. This will give you what you are looking for. It's on my radar.

Chris.
nibor200

Post by nibor200 »

John,

There is a possible workaround to using your own entry and exit dates in the Entries and Exit tab and then run a simulation;
See my post in the "Add to Entries" message stream circa December 2014.

You'll have to use Excel for the Date conversion and then paste into separate Entry and Exit scripts that you create, It is a lot simpler to do than you might expect.

What might be a challenge for you is the shares per trade.
If you have a starting amount and the portfolio just buys and sells from that point on, based on available balances it should be fine. However, if you are doing solo trades and the next trade in the same or different stock has unrelated $ or share amounts from the prior trade then it probably won't be what you are after.

Ed S.
Chris White

Post by Chris White »

Hi Ed,

Do you have an example of a timing list that you want to use in Excel format? I would be interested to see it and test a new feature of loading such a list into the Entries and Exits tab.

Thanks,
Chris.
nibor200

Post by nibor200 »

Hey Chris,

I'll send you one of my timing list spreadsheets to your regular email, it has about 20 entry and exit dates for a triple leveraged ETF timing system that someone in my VV user group developed.

Ed S.