Country ETFs Summary Template

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

nibor200

Country ETFs Summary Template

Post by nibor200 »

Hey Chris,

When I change the historical date at the top of the screen for the HGSI category, Country ETfs Summary Template, nothing changes, it just keeps running with the last 2 years of data is there a way to change the date span it runs over?

Thanks,
Ed S.
Chris White

Re: Country ETFs Summary Template

Post by Chris White »

Hi Ed,

The historical date setting has no effect on the Country ETFs summary template. This template does not use a pre-configured symbol list but instead creates a new list based on the symbols it finds in the template (which are the symbols for the country ETFs). This new list is called 'ExcelReportSymbols.txt' which is set as the current list after you run the template so that you can view charts for the ETFs.

However the template is 'hard-coded' to always fetch 2 years worth of data.

I will look at adding a setting so that you can specify how much history to fetch.
nibor200

Re: Country ETFs Summary Template

Post by nibor200 »

Hey Chris,

I actually made my own copy of the Country ETfs Summary Template and added a ER_Setting Max_Lookback name for B6 and put in a value of 1200 and when I run that template it gives me 4 years of data which is somewhat less than 1200.

So it seems it is hard coded to look back from today's date only and to look back X years with (X times 252 days) must be less than the MAXLookback value.

Of course if there is no Maxlookback value, it appears to default to 2 years.

Thanks for looking into this,
Ed S.