New ABC Up template results differ from video

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

nibor200

New ABC Up template results differ from video

Post by nibor200 »

When I set up my symbol list to have date from 2/11/13 to 2/11/15 and run the new ABC Up template on 2/11/15 I only get 4 symbols with Yes in the C column.

The Edgerater Video explaining the new Template shows 6 symbols in the C column.

In my runs ABBV and AAL are not showing up.
(and yes I've sorted the columns so I can see them and have left the zig zag at 12%).

Popping out the spreadsheet and looking at the formula for deriving C, it appears that the P2 values are causing the differences, as my runs in Edgerater have lower values than those shown in the video.

I thought it might be due to the adjusted prices from Yahoo as both of these stocks had recent dividends but one of the other four C stocks also had a recent dividend.

Does anyone, including Chris, know why my results are differing from the posted video?

Thanks,
Ed S.
Chris White

Re: New ABC Up template results differ from video

Post by Chris White »

The difference is probably due to the dividend. If you are using the Yahoo data provider it adjusts for dividends. If you are using the HGSI data provider it does not. Some dividend adjustments will be minor and will not affect the zigzag as much and so will still fire a signal whereas others will be larger and can stop the zigzag from turning.

To be 100% sure, next time isolate the stocks you are questioning into a separate list and then we can analyze the historical data contained in the snapshot.