Your Jeff Scott Barssince down Indicator has -1 for Event

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

nibor200

Your Jeff Scott Barssince down Indicator has -1 for Event

Post by nibor200 »

Chris,

I tried to run a simulation using JS_BS_BIGKUP and JS_BS_BIGKDN on the Entries and Exit tab but the Run for the Exits returns nothing but a single empty yellow cell.

I then plotted them on a chart, and besides the fact that they look odd, having zigzag lines instead of single upside down V spikes for each event, the event value is output as a -1 for the JS_BS_BIGKDN indicator script.

Further analysis of that script showed it is calling your Kahuna indicator script and looking for this variable: BigDn: IF(Chg <= -0.4,-1,0),colorstick; which when true is outputting a -1 value.

I then looked in your indicator and scan XML files where all of the system script code is and found no other references for BigDn.

So then, for my purposes I modified this script line: event: FML('Kahuna(20,2)[BigDn]');
to this : event: -1*FML('Kahuna(20,2)[BigDn]');
and now my Exits ouput data appear when I hit Run.

You might want to add scan chartscripts into Edgerater for other users to access who want to use big Kahuna or little Kahuna exit signals.

Thanks,
Ed S.
Chris White

Re: Your Jeff Scott Barssince down Indicator has -1 for Even

Post by Chris White »

Hi Ed,

The reason the JS_BS_BIGKDN and JS_BS_BIGKUP scripts show a zigzag line on the chart is that they are plotting the number of bars since the event. As the days go on the number is incremented by one until the next big kahuna is seen. So you end up with a saw-tooth waveform effect.
Bars Since Big Kahuna Down
Bars Since Big Kahuna Down
JS_BigKDn_Plot.png (32.85 KiB) Viewed 9188 times
In the next update I will add 4 new scan scripts so that you can get events for big and little kahunas. The scripts will be called:
  • WB_BigKUp
    WB_BigKDn
    WB_LittleKUp
    WB_LittleKDn
The code is quite straightforward. Here's an example of what it will look like for the WB_BigKUp script:

Code: Select all

PBC:= FML('PercentBChg(20,2)');
event: PBC >= 0.4;
You can then add these to entries and exits or plot them on a chart which will look like this:
Kahuna Scans
Kahuna Scans
wb_kahuna_scans.png (38.49 KiB) Viewed 9188 times
Chris.