Questions on Chart Designer

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

nibor200

Questions on Chart Designer

Post by nibor200 »

Chris,

I'm new to Edgerater and have a few questions related to Chart Designer.

1. Is there a way to make my column settings in the Symbol List tab permanent?
When I remove the Description and EOD columns and add the From column on the EdgeXcel Templates tab after I exit Edgerater Pro and re-open it my custom column settings are preserved. That is not the case in the Chart Designer tab they always revert back to your column settings.

2. When I scale on left axis an indicator that is plotted on the Main chart window( such as a moving avg of 1 period), as I expand the number of bars displayed on the chart the displayed lines start moving farther and farther apart because the scale on the left axis seems to be changing at a different rate than the scale on the right axis.

Is that behavior intentional or is there some parameter somewhere I need to adjust?

3. I could not find in your Chartscript reference a description for ROR (rise over run) that you have in the Paul Grem Duncan's PGD_Slope Indicator script:
SLOPE1: ROR(EMA1, 2);

It appears that ROR(EMA1, 2) refers to a 1 bar slope and ROR(EMA1, 3) refers to a 2 bar slope.
Is the X in ROR(EMA1, X) the number of bars the ROR is calculated over?
Can 'EMA1' be replaced by any mov avg or other indicator?

4. One feature I like about Chart Designer is that when I exit Edgerater the Scripts I've placed in the different chart areas are preserved when Edgerater re-opens, however, if I have changed the Main chart from candlesticks to Line that is reverted back to Candelsticks when Edgerater re-opens, is there a way I can stop that change from happening other than saving a layout and having to reload it everytime Edgerater re-opens?

5. In a future update to Edgerator would you add a chart cursor option that leaves the vertical date/bar line in a fixed position with the option to move it by the left and right cursor keys or to move it by dragging it with the mouse?

When I have the Indicator Values box open and the chart cursor centered on a bar of interest and I click on a chart script I'm working on, or any other window on my computer and come back to the chart the date changes from the bar I was centered on to wherever the cursor happens to move.

6. In the new Dec Template, when I was curious about the 'Inventory Replacement Bar' I double clicked on one of the signals tab cells and an old chart popped up because there is nothing in the Chart Layouts tab of the template.
I then opened up chart designer and dragged the RH_IRB_UP scan script onto the chart to see what it does and then learning almost nothing from that I opened up the chart script and found this description:

"Rob Hoffman's Inventory Retracement Bar occurs when the open and close price are 45% or more off of their high"

Is it supposed to say 'off of the bar high" instead of "off of their high" ?
because it appears the script calculation is computing the bar high, and not using individual historic highs of the Open and the Close.

Thanks,
Ed S.