Two Ideas to better the program

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

Import

Post by Import »

Friday, November 05, 2010

I have a couple of ideas to make your program "EtF Trading Bandit easier to use.

1. Add some sort of indicator when downloading "data updates" to show the progress of the download. Now when I hit the "Get Data Updates" button - you cant tell if the data is loading or not.

2. When you bring up the spreadsheets for Entries and Exits of the strategies - can you put a split in the box right after the date - so if you have a lot of buy or sell candidates you could scrowl up the spreadsheet but leave the date at the top of the sheet for reference. Right now the date scrowls up out of sight.

Please consider these modifications.

Paul

Chris White responded to "Two Ideas to better the program"
Friday, November 05, 2010 1:20 PM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the great suggestions. For number 1 you may find that the indicator is already present - it's the progress bar on the status bar at the bottom of the window:

You may find that you need to expand the window to the right in order to see it. I'll take a look at making sure it's visible no matter what size of window you have open.

For Number 2: I'll definitely add the 'freeze top row' feature in an upcoming update.

Thanks again,

Chris.

Chris White responded to "Two Ideas to better the program"
Monday, December 27, 2010 5:20 PM

I'm pleased to announce that these two features have been implemented in today's release of version 1.0.1227.0.

You will be prompted to upgrade to this version the next time that you run the program.

Enjoy!
Chris.