Chris..... can I get help with these questions ?

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

vince A

Chris..... can I get help with these questions ?

Post by vince A »

1. how can i tell when looking at a signal chart if the arrows are meant for a signal to be taken as a "Next-Bar-Open" or This-Bar-Close".

2. How can i screen for only signals that are issued for 'Market Open' only.

3. I ran a scan this morning at @ 9:30 and even though I refreshed the symbol list for EOD and Intra-day, the dates that showed up were from prior day signal. Why would that be. This question relates to question #2 whereas I'd like to know how to retrieve just signals for 'Market Open' at 9:30 or minutes before which would be more useful for planning trades.

update: ran scan at 9:35 and it updated. Is there a time limit for morning scans to work?

update: tried running scans this morning July 29th at 9:30 - 9:35 for Intra-day but ER was not updating. I rebooted and still no updates until @ 9:50 of which then the navigation on left side showed updates having occurred at @ 9:36 for my selected symbol list. I don't understand. Bug?

Please reply if you'd be so kind. I am running the VXX Volatility on some stock selections and it would serve of great use to get updates either as the market opens or better yet, pre-market if possible at all.

Thanks very much Chris.

Regards
Chris White

Re: Chris..... can I get help with these questions ?

Post by Chris White »

Hi Vince,

1. The arrows on the chart point out the event bar without regard for your implementation of that trade. So for instance if you ran the High Probability ETF Trading template and viewed a chart with the RSI 25/75 layout you would see green 'up' and red 'down' arrows pointing to the bars where all the trading criteria have been met. Whether you take the trade at the close of the current bar or the next open is up to you, the same trigger applies to both cases.

2. The same as above applies to this question, the scans only pick out technical events in a stock. If you have written your own scan based on your assessment that a particular technical pattern indicates profitable trading for the next open then only those stocks will be shown.

3. Intra-day updates are 15 min delayed from Yahoo. If you can see the update on the Yahoo site you should be able to see it in EdgeRater. One thing to check is that you are using Uppercase for your symbols.

If you run a scan at 9:30am you should get a bar that contains OHLCV data from 9:15am. That bar is used in EdgeRater as an End-Of-Day bar and any scanning you do will assume that the bar is an EOD bar. Currently all of the strategies that are included in EdgeRater trading templates have been designed and tested built for true EOD data, meaning that signals are only valid if the bar is really an EOD bar. You can of course run the scans using intraday data as close to the end of day as possible as the signals will most likely persist into the close.