data provider configurations go missing

A forum for all EdgeRater users

Moderator: Chris White

ivanf

data provider configurations go missing

Post by ivanf »

Hi Chris,

I'm just letting you know of a problem that has occurred twice now in the last couple of days. I'm not sure of the reason, but I'm investigating it, just bringing to your attention in case others have seen the problem as well.

The problem is the default data config becomes empty ( see the screen shot). This happens whilst the program has been happily running, I've then let it go for a time, come back to it , only to find Edgerater complaining of errors and the data provider tab is unpopulated. I'm not sure where the file is that contains the settings, I know it's not in the default documents folder as I restored that from a prior day and that didn't fix it. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling via download from your website. I did this yesterday, all was fixed, then today, Edgerater was still running from yesterday, I went to use it, and the settings have disappeared again !

This has never happened in the past, so I'm not sure what is causing it. Can you tell me where these settings are stored ? Are they in a separate file ? I will continue to try and figure out what is going on

regards
Ivan
Attachments
2014-07-13_13-56-59.png
2014-07-13_13-56-59.png (23.83 KiB) Viewed 9531 times
Chris White

Re: data provider configurations go missing

Post by Chris White »

Hi Ivan,

I haven't heard of this problem before, but for your information the configuration information is stored in the ClickOnce data folder for the application. The exact path to the folder will be different for every user but it has the form:

C:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\Data\<xyzabc>\<abcdef>\edge...app_abc\Data\<version number>\user.config